Necklace Size:Hand Crafted in South Africa
Length: 16 inches
This necklace is made up of semi precious carnelian beads, interspersed with a stainless steel rod, closes with a regular clasp.
The carnelian astrological sign is Taurus, the element is earth and the metaphysical properties are that it protects against envy, fear and rage, it opens up the heart chakra, produces precision and inspiration. Encourages love between family members..
Comes beautifully gift boxed.
About African Jewelry.
Owning a piece of African jewelry is more than owning a piece of jewelry its possessing a world of culture and history in its own beautiful form. Even though there is history and meaning behind each piece, it’s the art in the jewelry that grabs the attention of most collectors.
African jewelry is an ancient and time honored art form that reflects the art of African heritage, culture and history. There are several artistic, religious, spiritual and cultural elements of African heritage visible in each uniquely crafted piece of jewelry.
Around the turn of the 10th century, when bronze work was common, crafting these pieces became more intricate. Bronze pieces were normally decorated with ivory or precious stones and several of these pieces were identified with royalty. Beads have also played a very important role in African culture and can be seen today in many of the beautiful pieces of jewelry created by the skilled craftsmen who make them.
Modern African pieces still remain true to the same historic values and meanings of the past. These values represent different elements of African culture and reveal the importance of each piece of jewelry, which in turn makes them so special to collectors and art lovers everywhere.
The history and meaning of each piece of jewelry is unique. It is said that owning one of these pieces provides hope, wisdom and well-being to its owner. So start your own ‘art’ collection today.
Healing Properties of Carnelian.
* Carnelian (the name means “flesh-colored”) is the stone the Bible translators call sardius or sard. Its color ranges through white, light pink, flesh color, orange, red, reddish brown and dark brown.
* Due to Carnelian’s flesh tone and blood like coloring it is associated with family unity, of the love of relatives for one another and of blood ties. Whoever wishes to strengthen family bonds should wear this stone. Often Carnelian is used in signet rings, not only due to its hardness, but also due to its appropriateness for bearing the families coat of arms.
* Talismans made from carnelian protect the wearer from accidents, tempests and lightening, nightmares and the evil eye. It staunches blood flow, antidotes infection and blood poisoning by its cleansing power, soothes fevers, an overheated imagination and anger, and heals open sores.* The orange carnelian, belonging to Taurus, strengthens the voice and makes a person both eloquent and charitable.
* The genuine dark sard is said to be an Aries stone, especially when dark blood red, due to Aries ruler-ship over the blood, and blood drawn in battles.
* When more brown in tone carnelian helps with Saturnine complaints such as melancholia, rheumatism and neuralgia. It is therefore associated with Capricorn and can help strengthen the bones.
* This is an excellent stone to wear when visiting the dentist as it not only rules the blood but also strengthens boney structure.