Necklace Size:Hand Crafted in South Africa
Length: 16 inches
This necklace is made up of semi precious green agate beads, interspersed with a stainless steel rod, closes with a regular clasp.
The astrological sign of agate is Gemini the element is air and the metaphysical properties are that it stabilizes aura, balances yin yang energies, stimulates analytical capabilities and awakens latent talents.
Comes beautifully gift boxed.
About African Jewelry.
Owning a piece of African jewelry is more than owning a piece of jewelry its possessing a world of culture and history in its own beautiful form. Even though there is history and meaning behind each piece, itís the art in the jewelry that grabs the attention of most collectors.
African jewelry is an ancient and time honored art form that reflects the art of African heritage, culture and history. There are several artistic, religious, spiritual and cultural elements of African heritage visible in each uniquely crafted piece of jewelry.
Around the turn of the 10th century, when bronze work was common, crafting these pieces became more intricate. Bronze pieces were normally decorated with ivory or precious stones and several of these pieces were identified with royalty. Beads have also played a very important role in African culture and can be seen today in many of the beautiful pieces of jewelry created by the skilled craftsmen who make them.
Modern African pieces still remain true to the same historic values and meanings of the past. These values represent different elements of African culture and reveal the importance of each piece of jewelry, which in turn makes them so special to collectors and art lovers everywhere.
The history and meaning of each piece of jewelry is unique. It is said that owning one of these pieces provides hope, wisdom and well-being to its owner. So start your own Ďartí collection today.
Healing Properties of Agate.
* Agate's most noticeable properties overall are balancing yin/yang energy, courage, protection, healing, and calming. Historically it was placed in water for cooking or drinking to dispel sickness. The Metaphysical and Healing Properties Lore of any specific type of agate depend to some extent on the color of the agate, but all agates have certain things in common.
* Agate is a stone of strength. It was used by the Ancients on the breastplates of armor to give warriors strength and make them victorious in battle. Energetically, it is considered to give strength in both battle and physically.
* Agate enhances creativity and strengthens the intellect, making it a beneficial stone for both students and artists. It is also known as a good luck stone. As a stone of harmony, one of the things agate does is balance yin/yang energy. Agate increases energy. However, because it is a grounding stone, it does not increase energy at all times, but rather enables bursts of energy as needed. In this way, agate is a conservation stone, and enhances longevity.
* Agate is a very protective stone. It is especially protective for children, and makes an excellent stone for children's amulets, medicine bags, jewelry, or just to carry around in a pocket. Agates are said to be especially useful for protecting children from falling.
* Emotionally, agate gives courage, emotional strength, self-confidence, and dispels fears. It can also lessen feelings of envy by grounding the emotions. In the same way, it assists with acceptance of all things. It can be very beneficial for self-examination as well as examination of the circumstances one finds oneself in. These qualities make agate superior for easing anxiety and stress. Particularly when placed on the Solar Plexus (3rd) Chakra, it can help one to accept one's emotions, thereby helping overcome those emotions that one wants to remove.
* Because of the harmonizing qualities of agate, and its emotional energies of removing and releasing resentments and bitterness, it is also considered by many to be an excellent stone for helping to heal and improve relationships.
* Agate can cleanse and stabilize the aura by removing and/or transforming negative energy.
As far as relationships go, agate is a stone of marital and romantic fidelity.
* Agate can strengthen the body and the body's connection to the earth. It also increases energy. Agate enhances healing of all kinds by bringing the elements of the healee into harmony. Physically, agate is particularly helpful with tooth and gum issues, stomach problems, physical endurance, insomnia.
* Chakras: All agates can remove blockages from any chakra. Agate also relates to specific chakras according to the stone color.